San Fernando Valley Personal Injury Attorney
Call Today for a Free Consultation 818.588.0653
Seek Justice for Your Car Accident Injuries

Encino, CA Car Accident Lawyer

Car Accident Injuries

Car accidents range from low impacts to violent and tragic collisions. Because of the great forces generated in a car accident, the drivers and passengers can suffer serious injuries. A car wreck victim may suffer soft tissue injuries that commonly include sprains and strains of the neck, mid-back, and low back. Knees, shoulders and wrists can also get hurt.

Of course, car accident injuries can be much worse, including fractured bones, bleeding, head trauma, and even wrongful death. Injuries can be felt immediately or there can be delayed pain after a car accident, becoming noticeable in the hours and days that pass.

Accident Causes

There are many causes of car accidents. Generally, they are caused by negligent driving. Negligent driving means a driver was not as careful as they should have been and because of this irresponsible behavior someone got injured. It is my mission to hold negligent drivers responsible for their actions.

As an Encino, CA car accident attorney serving the San Fernando Valley, I see many types of traffic accidents every year. The most common causes of accidents are speeding, unsafe lane changes, tailgating, late braking, failure to use turn signals, and weaving. But, sometimes the causes are not so obvious (e.g., negligent entrustment, negligent maintenance, and defective products) and it takes a trained eye to know what to look for.

An Attorney's Role

One of the most important roles of being an accident attorney is to make sure that the person who calls my office and needs my help can get compensated for their injuries and the harmful effects that the accident has had on their life. My primary goal is to help you obtain a settlement after your car accident.

When you call Jacob Regar Law, I will evaluate your case for FREE. I will analyze the facts and determine whether there is insurance coverage to pay you for your damages. And you must know that even if the driver that hit you was uninsured, there still may be insurance coverage for the accident.

What if I am partially at fault for the accident?

The law allows you to recover compensation against the negligent driver even if you are at fault. This requires a very fact-specific analysis and I am happy to evaluate your case. Even if the police report lists you as the cause of the accident, you should still call my office and together we can see if this is accurate. I am able to provide the most help when I have all of the relevant information.

What to do after an accident

It's best not to say anything at the scene except what is absolutely necessary (such as asking someone for help, calling the police, exchanging ID and proof of insurance with other driver). You should also try to remain calm until help arrives or until you are able to safely leave the accident scene. Of course, if you have been injured in an accident, you know how challenging this can be. The aftermath of an accident can be very confusing and frightening.

Report accident to DMV

You should be aware that you must notify the DMV within 10-days after an accident and file an SR 1 accident report form if the damage to a vehicle is more than $750 or anyone is injured-even minimally. A little known fact: You must do this no matter who is at fault and even if the accident occurred on private property.

Do NOT make statements to insurance company until you speak to a lawyer!

Regarding whether to make a statement to your insurance company and the other driver's insurance company you should know some very important guidelines: (1) You have a contractual duty to notify your insurance company about your accident, and (2) You do not have a contractual duty to notify the other driver's insurance company. In fact, it is so much better to hire a lawyer for your injury case and let them take care of these very important tasks. Do not give statements without consulting an attorney first.

And if you do speak to your own insurance company before you contact a lawyer, you can follow the guidelines that I presented in the answer to question No. 5 on the website page: Frequently Asked Questions.

The other driver's insurance company is not on your side.

The other driver's insurance company is building there defense from the point that you first call them to tell them about the accident that you were in with their insured (the other driver). Speak to a personal injury attorney first before you consider speaking to the other insurance company! Trust me, this is important.

If you are involved in a traffic accident, there is nothing good that will come from making a statement to the other insurance company without first speaking to a car accident lawyer. At Jacob Regar Law I am here to help. And unfortunately, all of this may apply equally when dealing with your own insurance company should you find out that the defendant was uninsured and you need an uninsured motorist lawyer.

Police Reports

After a car accident, local law enforcement will create a police report (aka traffic collision report) that documents the details of the accident. The two most important things to know about police reports in the context of personal injury cases are (1) police reports are inadmissible at trial but (2) they are very important during the insurance claim stage. Insurance companies and their "friendly" adjusters place heavy weight on the information contained in a police report.

I am an experienced car accident lawyer and I know what to look for in the police report to make sure the facts are accurate and also that the facts support your legal claim against the negligent driver. This is part of the art of personal injury law—applying the law to the facts.

San Fernando Valley car accidents and Los Angeles car accidents are unique in at least one respect: because there are so many car accidents, police will usually only respond to the scene and fill out a traffic collision report if one of the drivers or passengers in the auto accident is injured. This is an unfortunate reality. And as I mentioned earlier, sometimes people that have been in an accident do not feel injured at the scene. It is not until they have left the scene, and the shock has worn off that they realize they are hurt.

When you call my office I will ask if an accident report was generated by a police officer at the scene. If not, then a report needs to be filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency. When you call, I will walk you through the steps of filing the report.

You need a lawyer to protect your rights.

When you have been injured in a car accident in Encino or the surrounding areas in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles, you must know that you have rights. The sooner you act to protect those rights, the better. That's why you should call me at my law office, Jacob Regar Law. I will put my experience to work and make sure your claim is handled properly.

Many people that have been injured in an automobile accident already know that they have the right to be compensated for their injuries and damages. You may have even considered filing a personal injury claim without a lawyer. To that, I would say, you owe it to yourself to at least contact me for a free consultation.

In my experience, hiring an attorney to represent you will typically increase the amount of your recovery. Between understanding the complicated and serious nature of the statute of limitations to being adept at applying California evidence law, and just plain knowing how to value a case, I can help you recover the right compensation for your damages.


If you are injured because of someone else's negligent driving you are legally entitled to be compensated for your medical bills and medical supplies, loss of income (past, present, and future), property damage (including damage to your vehicle and any other articles of personal property damaged or lost in the accident), any out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., cost of rental car, cost of house cleaner, gardener or mover), and pain and suffering.

I will help you recoup what you have lost. And, I am proud to be one of the lawyers who work on contingency. You can rest assured that I will accept your case with no up-front legal fees. My fee is paid when I win your case, and only when I win your case. The advancement of case costs is considered on a case-by-case basis.

Give Me a Call!

If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, CALL ME immediately to learn the full scope of your rights: 818-588-0653.

There is no charge for a consultation and case evaluation. And if I believe I can help you, I will work tirelessly and aggressively on your behalf to make sure that you are treated fairly by the defendant's insurance company so that you can recover the money you deserve.

Contact Jacob Regar Law

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.